Monday, September 8, 2014

A Giant Shows Gunsense

Kroger Foods continue to feel the pressure from groups like Moms Demand Action to adopt a "No guns" policy.  Now I realize that these polices have no real legal weight, but they do send the message that most people do not like seeing people openly carrying weapons in a grocery, etc store.

In the course of tweeting, I ended up asking if Carlisle, PA based Giant Foods had a policy on weapons, and soon had my answer:


I have to say that part of this doesn't surprise me.  Since Pennsylvania is not an "Open Carry" state, though I am surprised that Pennsylvania's "Trailer Park Caucus" hasn't proposed such legislation.

Now I wonder about the other major grocery stores in the midstate region; what policy do Weis Markets, Karns Foods, Wegmans, Shur-Fine,  or Wal-Mart have?

Perhaps this is an issue CeaseFirePA could take up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment